Thread: Folstaf repair
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:20 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Folstaf repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
I don't know why anyone would willfully give up the convenience of being able to fold up their staff and carry it on their hip.
Where I fished last week there were no trails and bushwacking was next to impossible due to the thick forest. It was hard enough to get your rod through with out getting the line snagged on a branch every few steps.
Having to carry "more stuff'"... especially a lead weighted staff..... would have made this more difficult than it already was.
I'm sure that your lead weighted staff works for you Fred and you can beat your drum all you want, but where I fish it just doesn't make any sense
RT, when you're really in 'Deep Shxt' it will make all the sense in the world. But you fish in a very different world, wait till you visit/fish mine? PNW rivers don't take 'Prisoners.' But they do kill people every year.

"Rogue River" (it got that name for a good reason) at 3,000 cfs(+) can eat you alive if you're wading beyond your knees.

How does that old line go? "There are old Pilots, and there are bold Pilots, but there are no old-bold Pilots."

I repeat myself, but if you have a fold up 'average (?)' person will deploy same after they're already in 'do-do.' Not before.

Just my .02 cents, please do keep the change.

Fred