View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now I know why we're not hearing much (at the moment) from our Alaska Contingent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
40's at night to low 70's during the day here.

Poor ard must be sweltering and just think of the skeeter bloom from the heat.. must be the size of crows...
Bob: After all the cold and snow during the wet spring they just went through, I think Ard is more than happy to finally see Blue Skies. He was pretty frustrated earlier with all the bad wx they were getting. I'm not sure if they are having a bad skeeter season or not, as he didn't really say. The worst skeeter summer I experienced in Fairbanks was the summer it rained almost everyday and if it didn't rain we had overcast skies, hardly saw the sun that summer and boy were the skeeters thick. Unfortunately, that was the summer my folks decided to visit........you can guess how that turned out. The issue with the area that Ard is in is all the moisture they had all spring and now the heat, so they might just be having a bumper crop of skeeters. Ard did mention that all the work he put into the front of the cabin clearing out the trees and brush seemed to be helping keep the skeeters at bay. They don't seem to like clearings or wind. It will be interesting to hear what is happening when he returns Tuesday.