View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:36 PM

fireroad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Choosing fly line -- Redington CT 9' 4wt

Welcome to the forum somn! I certainly understand how overwhelming the amount of information here on lines can be.

While I don't own a Redington CT, I may be able to provide you information to help track down the right line for you. Redington was bought by Sage a few years ago, and the CT was one of the first great products from Redington that benefited from input from Sage designers and Sage manufacturing processes. Around the same time Sage bought Rio fly lines and I believe both Redington and Sage test many of their rods with Rio line. What I have found with my newer Sage rods is that I can call the very helpful guys at Rio and they know what line was "intended" to be use with the rod. That being said, just because a rod was "designed" to work with a rod doesn't mean it's the only like for that rod, or another line wouldn't work better for you.

If it was my rod I would flip a coin between Rio Gold or SA Mastery Trout. If I was you I would buy the less expensive Rio Mainstream Trout and spend the savings on a casting lesson.