View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A letter from the US Postal Service??? How odd.

Fred, like you I would be very suspicious if it's legit. I received an email recently, although not in regard to the US Postal service, from a company claiming my domain names are in jeopardy if I don't contact them right away. I own several domain names associated with my previous fly tying business & keep them registered & parked with Go Daddy. My first thought was that they were phishing scams as it directed me to fax information to a phone number.

I forwarded the email to Go Daddy & the reply indicated it was a legit company trying to get me to re-register my domains with them, at a significantly higher cost.

This companies scare tactics don't set well with me! But, I have to wonder how many other folks will take the email as a true concern & accept the "offer"!

There is some legal-eeze in their email, that states you're not obligated "UNLESS" you accept the offer & fax the info they request! It's a play on words attempting to fool those they send it to. It's still a scam IMO, although it appears to be legal.

Be careful, & IMO, you're doing the correct thing by going to the USPS directly!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!