View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 06:52 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pteronarcys californica...

thanks Dean...we have been talking about different spots and times...

the gunnison in SW Colorado is pretty predictable...most do best there with big nymphs...that hatch started about two weeks ago...this year is pretty out of control...I was trying to get there to fish with a friend between grand junction and paonia..., but so far it hasnt happened.

this is a big year in the cycle I think...another friend in Oregon said it was pretty big there too...on the eastern slope ...

I have drys, semi drys, nymphs all tied up and ready to ...I will post whatever comes around...

I did tie up a few w/ no legs and a hackle on them...it is an easier tie...but so far this one has worked well...especially after it is slightly submerged...long stack mends are the best...oh well...I love to hear other strategys...and stories...dont give up...it is insane when they get hungry for these...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac linne, slat coille is fiadh freach - mirle s nach do ghabh gidheal riamh nire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/