View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How important is looking the part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
Some really great advise and knowledge so far. There are some knowledgable folks here.

Like most have posted, look doesn't count at all. What counts is just having fun and catching a few fish...no matter what you are wearing.

I sport some trendy duds like the silly Tilly hat, high tech fishing shirts, quick dry pants, etc. but not becuase I care how I look, I just don't want skin removed from over exposure to sun. I also like the comfort of Under Armour undies when it is 100F while smallie fishing.

Heck, I even got a buff because my neck is red enough already and don't need no sun burn to go with it. And yes I have sun gloves cause I am too lazy to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours

BS
I have it all too, and though the Tilley is the one I referenced looking really stupid on me, I wish I had some sun gloves fishing in the gulf last weekend.

That gear makes a huge difference, just ask the guys in the tournament who were beet red at the end of the day. Good gear is a lot cheaper than skin cancer