View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How important is looking the part?

You should wear whatever floats your boat! If you need to wear a ton of high tech stuff so be it , it's your choice. The same if you carry a rod with a few flys in your pocket , that's what makes you comfortable.
BUT I don't know about the term "Googan" but thanks to my son I am well aware of the term "Gear Queer" and I believe this evening I met one fishing the beach. Temperature hovering around 90 and water temp well in the 70s this guy had on neoprenes , a fishing jacket , a buff,strappn cleetes sun gloves and a huge surf bag to go with his impressive rod setup! As I said to each his own but I was sweating just looking at him and it was low tide and he could almost walk across the sound without going over his ankles . Needless to say I felt naked next to him in my shorts and sandals !
His gear would have been perfect for Montauk in November not a Spund beach in June. Sometimes when dressing your best common sense should prevail! Oh and Rips got the perfect urban angler outfit down pat , I'm jealous!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser