Thread: Montana Recap
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Montana Recap

Thanks guys.

Yeah dean_mt, the Missouri definitely showed us it's ugly side with the wind. That was the reason we went into the Mountains on Thursday instead of floating the Mo. Woke up to 20mph winds, and decided that we had dealt with enough of that the night before. We had heard that downstream a ways from Craig there was bigger hail. We got pretty lucky that ours was only pea sized. And even that still sucked pretty bad.

The wind on that river is something else though. It started getting irritating when I thought I made a mistake not bringing my 9wt to punch flies through the wind with. The 5's and 6's were fine most of the time, but other times all we could do was try to lob the rigs 5-10' out from the boat and hope for the best. It wasn't pretty at all.

And you were right about the creek name.