View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 6 wt bass fishing

Quote:
I should have no proublem throwing things like clousers?
Well, how much of a problem tossing Clousers will be will depend on you. If you have few problems with casting them with your 8 wt, then casting appropriate sizes with the 6 wt should not be difficult.

I've progressed in the opposite direction than what you're doing. I still use the 6 wt, and an 8 wt, but also may use a 9 or 10 wt for bass fishing. I've gone to larger flies, and heavier tippets, and like to throw into some really nasty snags & vegetation. Don't need the heavy rod for the size fish I'll usually catch, but it sure makes getting even a 2 lb bass out of the thick stuff that much less difficult.

Also, I primarily fish in tidal rivers & creeks, so there's always the possibility of Striped Bass being caught, and I like my chances better with the heavier rods should I encounter a Striper.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!