View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:49 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: 6 wt bass fishing

Quote:
I should have no proublem throwing things like clousers?
Well, how much of a problem tossing Clousers will be will depend on you. If you have few problems with casting them with your 8 wt, then casting appropriate sizes with the 6 wt should not be difficult.

I've progressed in the opposite direction than what you're doing. I still use the 6 wt, and an 8 wt, but also may use a 9 or 10 wt for bass fishing. I've gone to larger flies, and heavier tippets, and like to throw into some really nasty snags & vegetation. Don't need the heavy rod for the size fish I'll usually catch, but it sure makes getting even a 2 lb bass out of the thick stuff that much less difficult.

Also, I primarily fish in tidal rivers & creeks, so there's always the possibility of Striped Bass being caught, and I like my chances better with the heavier rods should I encounter a Striper.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!