View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 09:15 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 6 wt bass fishing

Quote:
On my clousers I tie in med size chain bead eyes rather than say dumb bell eyes that weigh more. So they are rather light but still sink, they actually give the fly a nice moderate fall rather than a diving motion and it allows me to retrieve them a little slower and it drives the fish nuts. Anyway they are no proublem what so ever to throw.
I tie them with various barbells & bead chain too. I also like that slower fall rate that bead chain gives for some of the shallower waters I fish. I also like to move the eyes down the hook shank a bit. Makes them look a little odd sometimes, but changes the way they fall. Allows them to glide, particularly with lighter weight eyes rather than dive as you've described.

Here's some I've tied. Basic chartreuse & white in size 1. The hooks are Daiichi straight shank worm hooks, the eyes are brass, and colored black with a Sharpie. I then coat them to prolong the color from getting rubbed off. The fish don't seem to care either way. These have "Rainbow" colored Krystal Flash & gold holographic Flashabou in them.
Click the image to open in full size.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!