View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:07 AM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Replacing a reel seat/uplocking hardware

I am in the process of doing this on a graphite rod as an exploration into rod building.

The SINGLE experience I have and what I found out before undertaking it was that you are going to probably loose/replace the cork that is over the top side receiver on the uplocking system. There doesn't seem to be a way to get it out without destroying the cork. Other than that the process is pretty simple.

It might be possible to find a new uplocking set up that would match up with that one little piece you can't get to. I THINK that would work fine, so long as all the pieces fit togeather correctly or if the pieces could be altered to fit togeather correctly.

There are a lot of people in hear you should listen to other than me. Post up what you find, if you would. Am really curious about this.