View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 01:40 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Pteronarcys californica...

OK...multiple reply...first off thanks for the compliments...its actually a pretty easy tie...for sure its not as fast as the basic foam body, fur or feather wing...and a hackle...but IMHO...if you feel confident about the pattern you are fishing...things happen your way...

that Black Canyon link is pretty cool...that area is for sure pretty beautiful too...sounds like the 1st to second week of june is a good target time...

the deschutes up in Oregon was earlier...my friends in Bend had similar results as the Gunnison too...

I am also happy to see that my friends in harms way as far as the fires are making out OK...our ranch in Pine missed the bullet in the Hayman( by about 1/2 mile)...what a scary time that was...

God bless all ground crews and pilots and their teams that are so dilligient in their tasks...talk about the calvary in the old cowboy movies....

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/