View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Book And Its Cover... Reconsidered...

Life as it has been and will be, and the aging process all have conspired to "temper" my immediate first impressions and impulses to react. I've lived through some "dark days" and have seen what "outside pressures" can do to the best of folks, and I've tried hard to learn from those experiences. If I've had any sort of "advantage" in dealing with life's issues, it would rest in the fact that I had no short supply of "sounding boards," if you will, to set me right again.

Beyond all that, however, credit for who I am must be given to my grandparents, and my "elders" astream and afield who influenced me most. Their beliefs in life were simple and direct, but more effective than one could imagine. They believed in...

Compassion before criticism...

Reservation before deciding on damnation...

Due consideration before final judgment...

They also held to the credo that no one was beyond redemption...

In my own way, I try to honor both their memories AND their beliefs whenever I can, as they all had a certain sort of personal greatness to which I aspire...

Last edited by hairwing530; 06-29-2013 at 05:21 AM.