View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 06:38 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saltwater and freshwater

I use regular WF line, In fact I use cheap $10 factory seconds.
For salt water I always overline to compensate for the wind and bulky flies but even with bass lines way I customize my lines to the rod.
Weight forward lines have a level section of 6" - 8" inches or more of a level tip in front of the forward taper. Trimming this back moves the "weight forward" - "forward" fundamentally turning a regular weight forward into a bass or saltwater taper.
You can do this a bit at a time "tuning" your line to the the rod or just wack a chunk off and hope for the best (like me )

Like I said, I do this to lines that I pick up cheap. I wouldn't think to recommend this for a $60-$100 line. But then..... I don't need those kind of lines