View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 07:59 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's Your Profile Like?

Great thread. I've always been a strong proponent that you use your real name/location on these types of boards. I get to talk to you/you get to talk to me as a real person, perhaps no face unless you post up a fishing photo, but never the less a real person living in a real place.

I've made this same observation on two other major Internet boards and Dear God am I getting a pound of shxt delivered back.

Lost my 'cool' several days back when 'person' was asking for financial advise. PM'ed back "I have no idea in the world who you are, so why should I tell you how to make money?"

To my surprise, and delight I think, photos of wife, kiddlies, dog and places he fishes in the UK. Need more info to work out a financial plan. To put this in perspective, put aside 5 - 10 percent of your take home pay (yes, you may have to skip trips to the Pub) but when you most need same, it will be there.

Don't worry about the value going up/down .. stock/bonds are still tossing off cash. But I ramble again, but just a personal observation, I'm damned good at this and never charge a penny.