View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 11:27 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: need advice: michigan trip in fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsteff View Post
Most inland trout streams close September 30 in Michigan. The PM, Manistee and AuSable are open year round with differing regs re keeping trout, salmon, et. al. with numbers and sizes. The guides at Gates on the AuSable are good. Sam Surre is excellent for the AuSable and Manistee watersheds. Glen Blackwood and his shop in Rockford are outstanding (Great Lakes Fly Fishing Company - Great Lakes Fly Fishing Co. ). It is a beautiful time of the year to fish in Michigan.
Wow, there's a blast from the past. Glen opened that shop in Rockford must be going on 20 years now! Is it still right of the interstate at 10 Mile Rd was it? I used to watch his T.V. show in Michigan.

I'm actually heading back next week to visit my folks, I don't know if I'll have much time to fish, but I think I'll pack a rod and my vest just in case. I might be venture up North to take my wife to Sleeping Bear and the Boardman isn't too far...