View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 AM

chris_dore is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which New Wading Boot?

The Boa system gives people the alternative to laces. Its quick, easy, and perfect for cold fingers. They also snug / mould the whole boot easily to the foot. They can be opened up easily for a very quick entrance. The issue is, as mentioned the issue of when the wire breaks. Spare lacing systems are readily available but not everyone wishes to mess around with these.

I opt for simms riversheds. I cover a load of miles over some pretty interesting terrain here in Southern NZ and find with the extensive rubber rand these boots have outlasted all others I have tried: if i could, Id wear hiking boots as these are designed for the miles I do, however they aren't designed to remain wet day in / day out. This is where the river sheds prevail.

Ive tried a bunch of boots searching for the holy grail: a light, quick dry boot that will handle typical NZ abuse. So far these are the closest Ive found.

For me personally, I want laces when Im in the middle of nowhere. At a whim, a leader butt can secure my boot if a lace breaks.