View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fly questions, Where are the pictures?

Silver has again put into words the thoughts of many who were unable to say in writing as he did!Well done! If you read what he posted and follow it without pictures you will become a better fly guy. Situational is a key word in fly fishing as everything changes and sometimes in an instant. Yes there are things that repeat in fly fishing and knowing the conditions that cause this repeat will make you a better fisherman. If a pink scud was shown catching a huge Brown Trout in a picture and then a description was written of how that Scud was fished to catch that Big Brown it may help you to do the same but I doubt it. There are to many variables that effect why that worked when it did to guarantee it's success.
Like Silver said read and read alot and if you find a picture that helps great! Ask questions about the flys used and the way they were presented because no picture can answer that for you.
I fish 5or6 and sometimes 7 days a week and many of my better trips have been improved by reading books as well as posts . Pictures are great but they tend to get expectations where they don't belong and it's great that they get me pumped up but it doesn't help the catch ratio!
And above all experience and time on the water improves you more than anything!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser