View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Fly questions, Where are the pictures?

I've been following this thread and have a second comment to make. If you look at some of the members who have made 1000 to 9000 posts and then begin to search their posts and threads, you will find many a description of what fly and how things were done.

In my own case I stopped making long detailed explanations for several reasons a while back. Reason #1; burn out, you write what could be an article only to see it disappear after a day or so as the topics change on a forum. Reason #2; I began to suspect that the forum was being data mined by people who were using material (plagiarizing) and that kinda turned me off.

I still write the how it's done posts now and then but as I said, within my 8 thousand + posts there are plenty. This is true for many of us where you notice a high post count.

The nature of the forum is that we have a constant influx of new members and therefore someone is always offering up a new fishing report. Perhaps this thread will inspire folks to start including more detail in reports.

I'll write up a how I fish my streamers for trout & salmon thread soon and post it as well as copy to my blog here.

I hope you'll stay with us and check out the depth of the forum. There is a tremendous amount of reading here.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;