View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fishing on the rogue river

Quote:
Originally Posted by submariner View Post
Stopped down on the Rogue last night on the way home. waded out to a rock bar, dam the water was cold. While out there, a light colored bug was flying around and landing on the water and being hit right off.

I started with a littl cream colored fly and had some good hits and was catching my fair share. probable caught about 10 in an hour and they were 8-10".

I was having some fun until I hooked onto a good size one and as luck would have it the rocks i was standing on or I should say trying to stand on were slick and I fell ass deep in the water and of course at the same time, I gave a little slack in the line and it spit the hook.

of course it came back at me and hit me in the nose and stuck. so here I am sitting butt deep in cold ass water with a fly stuck in my nose and I am LOL trying to get my butt out of the water.

Fun times......right. and I lost the fish.
Only time today I've had reason to laugh. Wait till you fish the fly only section of the North Umpqua.

Some of you Folks will be privlidged to meet 'Sub;' one of Oregon's true out door's-man. And he even looks the part.