View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pure Fishing Acquires Hardy and Greys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Dave,

You used to be an optimist or so it seemed. Perhaps you might try to look to the positive on this. I believe that this buy is an investment by the buyer into the brand. I don't see this as a venture capital takeover. I would be shocked if an investor with the funds to purchase Hardy Tackle would try to make it a Wal Mart product line. Right now there seems to be a balance that has been reached with both the product line produced in S. Korea and the Alnwick product line. Those seeking the Hardy brand at a reduced cost have the Asian products and for the purist there are the British products.

Time will tell but I will consider the glass half full until I hear it hit the floor.

Ard
The entire Pure line is sold at Walmart and don't know why Pure would want to change a successful strategy. Expect to see the Hardy Grey line in the box stores and don't see anything wrong with that. The English made equipment will be interesting to watch and the Korean products will probably be downgraded but to what extent who knows.

Why the personal attack?

Dave