View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 06:26 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

Well, the "cyber-leash" has been removed-- officially --and I'm good to go, which means I'll have to pick up more river-rock "worry stones" for the Speaker of the House and daughter Jesse. Like the late Montgomery Jackson and those before him, the two ladies both are fully aware of my decided lean toward seeking out what lies around the next bend, or wandering unfamiliar territory, just to know what's there. It's just a part of my early years and how they influenced the man I grew up to be...

They needn't be concerned, however. As per my oncologist's instructions in offering me an "early release," I will throttle things back... just a bit. Again, I give due credit to the writings of the late Montgomery Jackson. This morning's readings of his lifelong work implored me to savor the best of it all-- family, friends, time astream and the little cabin known as "Trail's End." It was his way of reminding me of the ol' "take time to stop and smell the roses" philosophy that's never been my strong suit.

So, starting today and hopefully in whatever days are yet to come, I will slow my pace at every turn, look for those small things that sometimes escape our notice and approach my fly-wrangling like there's only today and the here and now, never assuming that tomorrow is a given. The men who molded my love of the outdoors and all things "fly" knew this long before I came to the realization, and I can do no less than to honor their memory by adherring to this line of thought.

Here's to family and friends, an hour or two spent with the gentle push of river currents and the pull of a good fish, and those who went before me and cut a path-- astream and afield --to that most special of places-- the place known as "Trail's End..."