View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 10:45 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pure Fishing Acquires Hardy and Greys

After having stewed on this for a few days I have some additional thought. A sale was inevitable, we all knew it was bound to happen. While I wish the buyer would have been a company with more fly fishing roots, it is done. I am hopeful the new ownership realizes they have a jewel in Hardy and they don't devalue the brand as it seems they've done with others. I'd think that'd be foolish, but what do I know. I'd like to think that the former owners were selective in nature to ensure that a buyer would do their part to make the brand live on with he dignity it deserves. Perhaps more wishful thinking on my part. Sometimes change is good, I am hoping the inevitable changes forthcoming lead to a strong, successful brand that in many ways stays true to its roots.

Who knows what will happen, it'd be nothing but speculation/assumption on my part to assert comments on what this means for Hardy-Greys. I'm hoping that things continue to operate for the most part as they had been but with improvements where needed. Put me in the glass 1/2 full camp but with a watchful and cautious eye.

The only thing I can say with the utmost certainty is this sale makes me treasure my Alnwick made Hardys that much more.