View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 09:50 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pure Fishing Acquires Hardy and Greys

With every one of the buyouts like this I can't help but feel some of the 'fire in the belly' that built and kept companies like this rolling for so long will be lost to bean counters and number crunchers who will try to wring every cent they can out of the name in the shortest amount of time possible.
I often wish the big dogs would leave the smaller companies alone but after a few generations the brains and brawn that brought these small companies to life are long gone and new age 'business' people who can't see further than the next quarter take over and spit out a shell.
I'm old enough and have been in the manufacturing end of things long enough in many different types of businesses to have seen the joy and pride a well made, ingenious product brings to the producer of that product. Now the joy seems to be in counting shekels.
Let's just hope someone at Pure Fishing saw more in Hardy than what I so pessimistically described above.