View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Salmon Streams to Benefit from Obama's New Climate Plan Says ASF

I realize that any efforts at environmental controls at a legislative level tend to be touchy subjects. However as a fly fisherman and one who now works in association with fishing I am in favor of most proposed changes to the way we currently do things.

As for what the Chinese are doing; just because a neighbor beats his dog, I don't have to beat mine. Countries, any of them who are blindly pushing forward with their rush to become industrial giants will pay and pay dearly for polluting their skies, waters and lands. When the results of the push to be number 1 come home to roost, I suspect that all of China will resemble Love Canal NY. or Centralia PA. If those towns don't ring a bell a quick Google search will bring you up to date.

On a whole I believe the world will change; must change. Whether it does so in my life time or before catastrophic climatic conditions prevail I do not know. I've had a good run at life. I worked for the National Clean Air Collation for years back in the 1980's and did what I could to bring some changes to my State & the country regarding changes to the Clean Air Act.

Now I'm going to fish way up the Yetna & Skwentna Rivers and let things take their course. Hopefully all people who derive their pleasure and recreation from fishing can support change. It is change that will preserve what we still have.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 07-05-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: capitalization............