View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:03 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I see some midge variations?

I've had good success with the Zebra Midge and variants. Sometimes I put a peacock collar on them, change the color of thread and wire. You can also tweak it by putting a small bit of CDC behind the glass bead to represent the wings. A few favorite Zebra Midge variants are olive green thread and either silver or gold wire with a silver or gold bead. Another one that works for me is a copper bead, copper wire and tan thread. I see lots of larva in some of the streams I fish in these colors which is why I tie and fish them.

Another good one for me is the Rojo Midge. There are some youtube videos on how to tie them. Do a search, it's a good fly.

You can do a simple PT midge, wrap a small traditional nymph hook with PT, counter wrap with wire and use a bead of your choosing. Or go beadless.