View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Can I see some midge variations?

Here is two i caught a lot of fish on over this winter and spring. First is just blue micro tubing wrapped down the hook shank, peacock her for the thorax and a extra small clear bead on a size 20. I used a Dai Riki 125, but a Dai Riki 135 works fine too.

Click the image to open in full size.

This is one I made up varying a RS2 . Use a size 20 dry fly hook or size 22. Use 2 or 3 pheasant tail fibers for the tail or synthetic mayfly tails.Lay down hot orange wire in X-small. Then Basically use black thread, build up a taper. Use a tiny amount of orange Antron for the top. Wrap the wire forward, tie it off. You could also use superfine dry fly dubbing to help build the taper.

Go to Charlie Cravens website for Poison Tung, I modified this one with the Emerger wing case

This is a good site too, most of them you can figure out the recipe by looking at the simple midges. The Midge Manifesto: The Midge Box

Here is one I tied after looking at this site, The Old Poudre Canyon Chronicles Pattern List

Rainbow warriors from Charlie Cavens site are a easy tie and very effective fly

"Snap it" Hank Patterson