View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Book And Its Cover... Reconsidered...

Later today, as the heat starts to retreat with the sun settling lower in the western skies, I will sit quietly and just listen... Listen to the laments of a man being battered by forces beyond his control, listen to his concerns about the future and what it carries with it, and listen as he desperately tries to find his way through it all. The best favor that I can do for this man is to act as a sounding board and go-between in his introduction to "Doc."

Then, I will listen again as "Doc" does what he does best-- lend comfort and support, and quietly raise the flag of hope for this man. "Doc" is one of the finest men that I've ever known, and one phenomenal retired oncologist. His lot in life truly is that of "a healer," and I have little doubt that the man in question will leave our little "riverside chat" carrying more peace of mind than he'll have upon his arrival.

Over the years, I've seen "Doc" mend the most troubled of souls, myself included. He's always been of an "old-school" mentality in his approach to medicine and his patients, taking the time to care and check in on occasion, even when it went well beyond his "office hours." And, I've always respected that about the man.

So, later tonight, he will put to rest many of the fears of the man in question, and gift him with the tools to see beyond the pending situation. How can I be so sure of this? Because "Doc" has often done the same for me on more occasions than I can count, and because "Doc" has asked his daughter-- my current chief oncologist --to make room on her schedule to see the man and his wife. And, "Doc's" daughter is as good as they come. Of that, I can attest as well...