View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:46 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: WTF Happened to My Wraps?

I don't do any rod building, but have had that milky appearance on fly heads while tying flies.

Once, I found out that certain types of wax don't work well with some head cements or epoxy. I was using waxed thread & solved the problem by going to unwaxed.

The other time I had it happen I had gotten "something" oily on my fingers, which transferred to the thread. I noticed a stain under the finish. When I tie now, I make a point of washing my hands thoroughly before tying & making sure my tying area is clean & of course dry.

IMO, unless you intend to sell the rod, and the guide is secure, I would leave it alone & use it as is & wait to see if it gets worse. It appears to be a cosmetic issue only at this point.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!