View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can I see some midge variations?

I had to work Thursday, and I drive a truck for a living. As I passed through an area where there is small stream in North Eastern MD, I noticed what looked like tiny drops hitting the windshield. A lot of them! It was some type of insect. Later, after daylight, I took a close look & they appeared to be a midge. Very light greenish to pale yellow in color, most about a size 20 I think. Hard to really tell, as they were smashed against the truck hood & grill. There were some wings intact, and they didn't look like mayflies or caddis, and certainly not stoneflies. Looked similar to mosquitoes, but I'm sure they were not.

From a fly fishing perspective, I thought it was cool to see them, but not so much smashed all over my truck!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!