View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 AM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default re: In Search of Golden Trout in Eastern Sierra's Lakes

I don't mind the worm containers, as long as worms are allowed and the people who bring them take them away when they leave. After all, that's how most of us got our start fishing-putting a worm on a hook.

I just wish people would put a little more thought into their travels, like noticing the obvious regulations posted on signs that clearly state the rules for a given area.

During the same trip last fall, we also fished on the Upper Owens River. After Labor Day, the regulations switch to barbless flies only and no take. The regulations are posted everywhere. There's no way to walk through the openings in the cattle fences without seeing the rules clearly posted with dates and instructions.

We had the river to ourselves for the first couple of hours in the morning. Then, people came with lawn chairs and coolers and started chucking bait into the river. Everything they caught went into the coolers. One woman struck up a conversation with us, and I tactfully suggested she check the regulations. I told her there were lots of wardens around, because it was the start of deer season. As we were getting ready to leave, I heard her talking to her husband, who glared at us, as though we had just pried his last beer from his hand.

As we were driving out, take a guess who was driving in...the game warden. I don't exactly know how that encounter went, but I would imagine it had an expensive price tag on the end of it.

Some people just have to learn the hard way. It's a strange phenomenon, because there are literally dozens of put-and-take lakes in the Eastern Sierra that would accommodate their needs and are within minutes of where they were caught.

-VB