View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:14 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Book And Its Cover... Reconsidered...

Unless I miss the mark completely, I feel safe in assuming that there is more of an "at ease" mindset this morning in the household of a man who lives a few hours south of here. Last night, I fought off the urge to insert myself into the conversation and just watch-- and listen --as "Doc" verbally composed a symphony of hope for the days ahead, as the man, his wife and family ready themselves to face the trials and tribulations of her breast cancer.

Seeing "Doc" at work in his particular niche was both a reminder of why our former "doctor/patient" encounter led to a long-running friendship, and an acknowledgement of his place as a true "maestro" in soothing troubled souls and helping people understand a disease that defies true explantion. When our "guest" arrived, he appeared beaten and defeated before the battle had begun. When the man left, he had the look of determination and assurance, a man spoiling for a fight and thoroughly ready for it.

Having witnessed this transformation over the course of a few hours spent chatting in the "river porch," I find myself still in awe of "Doc's" ability to inspire and inform. He always has done it in such a way as to push the fears aside and to motivate patients and their families to face their cancer head-on and kick its backside on down the road.

And, I have little doubt that this man-- he whose redemption I once wondered about --and his family will ultimately come through this "life trial" in fine shape. You see, I'm a firm believer in the healing capabilities of a positive mindset liberally salted with the power of knowledge. After all, my "elders" and my family have taught me as much...