View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 01:15 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default re: In Search of Golden Trout in Eastern Sierra's Lakes

Mikel,

Unfortunately, you are right. There will always be those who just don't care about the consequences of their actions. I'd like to think that's a minority of people, but even a small group of folks can have a serious impact on a small fishery like that.

I was encouraged by the fact that the DFW made the long trek back there to say hi and make sure we were doing things right. That should provide a deterrent for some.

-VB

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Nice TR VB! Many years ago my buddy got vertigo driving back down that road, had to get out and walk for awhile. Unfortunately road access also brings with it the possibility of less respectful visitors. milt
Milt,

You're not kidding. That is one treacherous road. There are some spots that would be a deal breaker for anyone with a fear of heights. The turns in those switchbacks are extra tough. Making a multi-point turn with very little room on the side of a mountain is no easy task. It certainly added to the adventure of the trip.

-VB