View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:11 PM

silvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the roughsilvertip8k is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Inexperienced caster seems troubleshooting

PV.you are probably 5 years ahead of most actually bringing this out...

I dont buy the cheap rod deal...only because i learned and fished on a eagle claw combo from the start...

this might sound really simplistic...but trying too hard can have similar results...my suggestion is this...

slow down every aspect and isolate what is actually doing what...

then once you see something you like...keep it up until its perfect(in your eyes anyway)

once you have some dough...move into a better rod...and a good line too...a TFO pro series or similar sounds like your next step.

you cant blame the rod...its a very subtle art form...actually after using some "beginner " stuff and getting OK with it...you might find yourself way ahead of the curve...once you get a decent unit in your grips...then it gets fun!

also disregard 90 % of what folks tell you until you see results yourself...

Lefty Kreh could double haul twenty yards with a broom stick...

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac à linne, slat à coille is fiadh à f́reach - mèirle às nach do ghabh gàidheal riamh nàire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/