Thread: Old or New ?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of
Default Old or New ?

I like learning about new fishing tackle and methods. That said, I have not found much on Tenkara that has not been written by someone who stands to profit if this method catches on, or if it dies on the vine. Two schools of thought, two opposing views. I'm not much into the politics of this, just fishing.
As boys in Florida over 50 years ago, we fished with a tapered bamboo pole about 13 to 15 feet long. It had a string on it that was about twice as long as the pole. It had a hook or a fly on the end of the line. That was about it. We caught fish in lakes and small streams by dappeling the surface or casting to rising fish. Is this pretty much what Tenkara is all about ? How about some info on techniques and practices...... could get a bigger following if more regular anglers wrote about how they fish Tenkara.