View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Maryland fishing question

One more item! There may be time restrictions for fishing from the beach in OC. Used to be, in swimming areas, anglers had to be off the beach while lifeguards were on duty, so that there was not conflict between swimmers & anglers. Depends on where you are too.

I haven't fished down there in many, many years, but when I did I would fish the beach early in the AM, after the swimmers left the beach in the PM, and the jetty on the south end otherwise.

There used to be structures built along the beach to help control erosion. Those are the best places if they're still any there. There will be holes around the ends washed out by the tide. Try bucktails cast out just past the end of the structures & retrieved back.

Even flies can be productive around those structures, and doesn't require long casts. Clousers work well! Try poppers early & late!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!