Thread: Old or New ?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old or New ?

It is pretty new on the forum and not much activity, though there are some of us on here who have a rod or two. I haven't had it out in a bit so haven't posted.

If the (non-split) cane poles you are talking about are the ones I used on ponds outside Chicago, they have a shared history with contemporary tenkara rods, but they aren't the same thing. I'd 'cast' those but the split shot did the work. I find I can cast my tenkara rod and get a very nice presentation. Tenkara rods can fight and land some serious fish too and it is generally on 5x tippet. I only have one rod so can't speak to different brands or models of rods.