Thread: Old or New ?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old or New ?

I have both a furled leader and long sections of fluorocarbon lines with 5x or 6x tippet attached. I have cast weighted nymphs but it puts unweighted flies out nicely. You can dap with it (do it with my regular fly rod sometimes too) and the wind can take that light line and fly out nicely, but you can also cast it. There are some folks on the forum with more experience than I have, perhaps they'll weigh in.

Personally I really like it when hiking with the family. Carrying lots of stuff for them and have my daughter in the backpack. The rod, line spool, tippet spool, small fly box, and lanyard take up very little room and it is great to not have to string up guides with a 2 year old on my back. She loves fishing with dad but doesn't love setting up. I've enjoyed it and am glad I got the Tenkara.