View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 PM

Flyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to allFlyfisher for men is a name known to all
Default What have you found or encountered while fishing or otherwise outdoors?

A forum on a nonfishing website had a cool thread on these lines, so I thought I'd start one here.

What have you found or enountered while fishing or otherwise in the outdoors that was either interesting, cool, neat, strange, scary, exciting, bizarre, odd, and/or nifty?

Here goes for me:

A blue-gray piece of flint that had been worked into a blade. I think an Indian would have most likely used it as a skinning knife. I found it along a two track while on my way to one of our ponds. (it's now a prized possession).

An old buckboard wagon frame.

A crashed small airplane when I was a kid. It had been there many years and was overgrown with vines, brush, etc.

A burial trench while hiking Culp's Hill on the Gettysburg battlefield. Also a minie ball on Barlow Knob ( a lesser-known spot from the first day's action).