View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:45 PM

Flyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud ofFlyfisher for men has much to be proud of
Default What have you found or encountered while fishing or otherwise outdoors?

A forum on a nonfishing website had a cool thread on these lines, so I thought I'd start one here.

What have you found or enountered while fishing or otherwise in the outdoors that was either interesting, cool, neat, strange, scary, exciting, bizarre, odd, and/or nifty?

Here goes for me:

A blue-gray piece of flint that had been worked into a blade. I think an Indian would have most likely used it as a skinning knife. I found it along a two track while on my way to one of our ponds. (it's now a prized possession).

An old buckboard wagon frame.

A crashed small airplane when I was a kid. It had been there many years and was overgrown with vines, brush, etc.

A burial trench while hiking Culp's Hill on the Gettysburg battlefield. Also a minie ball on Barlow Knob ( a lesser-known spot from the first day's action).