View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 11:51 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Rampage Motor & Anchor Conundrum

After seeing Joni's setup I went and purchased a board and did the same thing with my motor mount. Then 3 weeks ago when I was about to take my boat out with the new motor I discovered the the bolt that the the mounting bracket on the motor itself had broken off.

So I took it to a local marine mechanic who had to torch the broken bolt to get it out and he replaced it with a stainless steel bolt. So today I was very excited to get out on the river and do some striped bass fishing. By the way I went out with a local guide this week and caught my first striped bass on a fly actually half a dozen of them.

So I get down to the river got my motor mount setup on the NFO Rampage. I made sure I'd made the the straps I as tight as I could possibly get them. Got on the boat fired up the out board and instead of moving forward when I put it in gear the motor started to be pulled underwater. The thing is I double and triple checked every strap to make sure they were pulled as tight as I could possibly get them. However, it seemed even though Dave Scadden said the boat could handle a 4 hp outboard that it was too much for the bracket.

Now the only thing I can think to do is sell the motor and purchase a something like a 2 hp. To say the least I'm very disappointed.

I've never brought this up hear as I know that Mojo and Joni know Dave, but this is just one more issue in a series of poor customer service experiences I've had since purchasing this boat.

When I purchased the boat I bought it and several upgrades as a package deal. I was assured everything was in stock, but it turns out several critical components were out of stock and I had to wait several weeks for them. Including the anchor and anchor mount. Finally everything, but the anchor arrived.

Lastly I purchased a set of wheels for the boat from NFO/Dave Scadden and was again assured they are in stock, very quickly a package arrived from NFO and I was excited. However, when I opened it it was another motor mount which I already had and a seat pedestal I cannot even use.

When I called to inform them about the package they sent, I was informed that the wheels I ordered were on back order, even though just as every time previously I was told they were in stock.

If return shipping wouldn't cost me so much at this point I'd call Dave and ask for a refund of everything I've purchased from him. Disappointment and dissatisfaction is an understatement at this point. I'm seriously feeling like I wasted my money at this point.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Last edited by FlyBum; 07-08-2013 at 02:05 PM.