View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Casting into the wind

When the wind is affecting my cast adversely, I haul on the back-cast if the the wind is at my back or on the forward stroke if I am casting into the wind. The extra load on the rod helps it punch through the wind for me. I also keep the line as low to the water as I can. Sometimes I cast left-handed to get a better angle to the wind as well. I was forced to learn to cast left-handed last fall when I had my rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder.

The most important thing is to keep fishing in windy conditions and shorten your casts until you learn to manage them and gradually lengthen them as you get the hang of the different technique. I fished in lots of wind in all of my winter trips and was rewarded with a lot of nice fish.