View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice
Default Re: Rampage Motor & Anchor Conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Tom,
In you top post you mentioned you bought the Rampage, but then in the problem post you mention it is a Renegade. So which one is it?

I wasn't even aware there was a wheel set up for the frameless, can you tell me more about that?

Dave usually answers his emails in the morning, have you mentioned this to him there?
Pardon I have the Rampage. Its true that on Dave's website he only shows the wheels for the frames. However, when talking to Dave one day he told me he had new wheels for the frameless that are officially coming out in 2014. However, he said he had them in stock and sold me a set. This was several weeks ago and the only things I did receive I never ordered. I've spoken to Dave as well as one of his employees several times and they are politely dismissive regarding things being on backorder when I bring up that I was told by Dave they are in stock.

Dave and NFO have such a good reputation that I'm really surprised. I keep thinking my experience has to be a fluke, but it has happened with every order (3 orders) I've made. I'm dumfounded.

So anyway with regard to the motor issue now, I'm considering selling mine and purchase a 2 or 2.5 hp motor, my concern is whether on the American River or the Lower Sac if a 2 hrs will push my up stream against the current.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.