View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP in South Carolina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
Head north on hwy 276 for about an hour to Brevard, N.C...about 47 miles away according to google maps.......this will put you on the Davidson River and it's several tribs.....large, technical brown trout fishing down low, to wild rainbows and brookies up in the smaller creeks.....Davidson River Outfitters are streamside at the Pisgah Forest road intersection..... Also, I might add that we are getting all the rain we can handle so far this spring and summer, so be careful while wading. Here is a link to the Davidson River gauge......

Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service: Greenville-Spartanburg: Davidson River near hwy 276 near Pisgah Forest
Yes, I've heard about your rain! I spoke with my grandfather yesterday and he can't remember a more precipitous year since he retired and moved there in '84. I'm much more interested in the wild brookies than any sort of tailwaters or stockers. Are you familiar enough to send me to one spot? I will likely have half of one day and I don't want to squander it all away looking for the water.