View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 04:24 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hanging up in Lily Pads

Using the double weed guard like Rip works well for me in the pads! Also letting the fly sit in the pockets and twitching.
Also I use a flat shaped deer hair bug that most of the time the hook point rides up so I can't skitter it across the pads . Similiarly a ride up point weed less bucktail that I skitter across for Pickeral in the spring . Deadly!
Last nite my son caught a huge Pumpkinseed in the pads that probably weighed a pound plus 5 lbs of weed to add to the mess . Getting in the pads in the daytime is many times a key to getting fish. As dark rolls around the edges of these same pads seems to be the ticket!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser