View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 05:18 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Default Re: Winston has ruined me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrich99 View Post
And no, you can't have mine.

'
Ill give you a cookie!

Well I got bored so I went to the local fly shop. They already had a few rods set up so while I was there I asked if I could give them a try. Casted a 6wt GVX, 6wt Boron III, and some Sage of pretty equal quality. Yup im addicted. I can see where my St Croix might be better I feel like I could get a more delicate presentation with it (maybe the fast action just require more practice to get delicate landings) but as soon as I can I think Im going to have to upgrade. I was getting great distance, Distance I cant get with my St Croix without Double hauling and that is darned near impossible for me.

Hopefully next summer I can get my engineering internship, it will double and a half what Im making now. Making a new rod a great possibility.

Still checking out steel head rods. Not sure If I will have enough $$$ to get one so maybe ill have to settle with getting a spinning rod set up for steelies.