View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:11 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: BIG Bass fly casting help

There's a lot of great info here, and opinions. IMO, you need to define your needs a little better. Some folks consider a size 6 bass bug a big fly, while others, myself included, think in terms of 1/0 to 5/0 when defining "big" for bass.

As others have said, what you are asking could include rods from a 5 wt to a 12 wt.

I agree that the criteria that bmbailes posted would be the logical place to start, but also how often will you be using this outfit.

If you've fished with conventional tackle, this is no different. No single weight fly rod will fit all conditions & situations, so if you're looking for something that fits most for you, then you need to figure out what that is & go from there.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!