Thread: Wild Hog
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 AM

paymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of lightpaymaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wild Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Glad I saw this after I ate! Awesome!

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Paymaster how do you like the Akorn Smoker? And what's the deal with the smoke stone? My smoker is on it's last legs I did a batch of trout the other night and realized I can't patch any more holes! Us it durable and how is it on rust ? Looks pretty solid is the metal thick? Just want to pick your brain a little!
I love mine. Once you get one and figure out how to set the vents to cook the way you want, you will too, I bet. As to the stone. Inside thye Akorn is a bracket that a heat deffuser would fit on. Heat defussers protect the meat in a low and slow cook from burning from the heat of sitting directly over the coals. I use a weber grill grate, and a 15" aluminum pie pan from Hobby Lobby. I put an inch or so of sand in the pan and cover the pan with foil and set it upon the weber rack. This accomplished a few things. I catches drippings from the meat, and the sand helps maintain a constant temp( heat sink ) and the whole thing deffuses the heat. The Akorn is very well built and is made of insulated steel.