View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heddon Help Needed

2-F is the ferrule size and a #2 in Heddon speak is "standard dry fly/ perfect dry fly action"
HDH is a 6DT
... you don't see vintage rods that nice every day
enjoy it.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Heddon was one of the best of the "production" rods and definitely not of low level
Even so, the Premier wasn't exactly their "top of the line" and was exclusively sold by Sear&Roebuck

I could easily recommend a Medalist 1494, but surprisingly that might not be heavy enough on a 8.5' rod.
Personally I use either my Bristol 65 or my Pflueger GEM on my rods of that size, but you'll find that there are many vintage reels were made to balance the vintage rods
If you do choose to use a Medalist, there are ways to add weight if that interests you.