View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 PM

charged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura aboutcharged has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Rod to reel fit question

I'm also known to fish some in-expensive rods, Rod to reel seat fitting is a problem that affect many rods.

I've purchased cork cabinet laminate from the hardware store, and lined the bottom foot of the intended reel, and sometimes line the outer edge of the foot with thin strips of cardboard to center the reel in a position I like.

By the way...... I've also fished the crystal river rod.

Click the image to open in full size.

I liked it enough that I upgraded the reel seat.

I think you have a nice startup rod that should suit you well. That red stripe on the cork handle is just something my brother and I used to do to keep our rods apart on fishing trips. Its funny how we used to always end up purchasing the same equipment, despite living separate.

I purchased this rod many years ago, but never really fished it until I got myself established in the hobby. I then went back to it to try it out. I still have a soft spot for this rod, as it was the first fly rod I purchased, although it was not the first purchase I actually fished. Several years back, I saw it on sale, purchased it, and never gave it a shot until I got hooked into the hobby with another rod.

My advice is definitely fish it (get yourself hooked in the hobby), and find yourself a bit of fun.