Thread: Sage One 990
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 06:21 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sage One 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
In regards to the Big Game 3N, some people worry about capacity when large lines like Rio Outbound Shorts are used. The oversized heads of those lines take up a lot of space.

I use a standard WF9F bonefish taper on my Big Game 3N. I have 20 pound test Micron backing on mine. I never paid attention to the line winder scale, but I know that I have between 225 and 250 yards.

Dennis
Thanks, Dennis. That's helpful.

Checked the lines this morning and I see where I might have a tighter fit than you on my 3N because I plan on using a Steelhead taper on the reel. The RIO Steelhead taper is 110 ft. vs. 100 feet for the Outbound Shorts line. The head weight is also 515 vs. 375. I have that line on one of my spools for the 3N in an 8 wt. and it is a heck of a long thicker head... that could hurt me.

Last edited by chi flyfisher; 07-11-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Checked fly line sizes for comparisons